pasta of choice cooked(angel hair,spagetti,etc)
6 cloves of garlic minced
1/2 onion chopped
1 zuchini chopped
1 can chopped tomatoes or fresh
1 8oz container fresh mushrooms sliced
1 lb shrimp (optional)
2 teaspoons italian seasonings1. cook water,garlic,onions and zuchini for about 6 minutes
2. add the tomatoes and the mushrooms and the italian seasonings.
3. Cook for 10 minutes, add shrimp until they are no longer pink
4. mix with your pasta and serve.
makes 4 servings
2 tespoons grated lime rind
1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons minced green onion
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
4 (6-ounce) swordfish steaks (about 3/4 inch thick)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper1. Preheat broiler
2. Combine first 7 ingredients in a small saucepan
3. Dip each steak into the lime mixture to coat
4. Place fish on broiling pan coated with cooking
spray. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Broil 10 minutes or until fish flakes easily when
tested with a fork
6. While fish cooks, place lime juice mixture over
medium heat, cook until reduced by half.
(about 8 minutes)
7. Serve sauce with fish (2 tablespoons sauce per steak)
Serve with broiled pineapple wedges
CALORIES 235 (20% from fat); FAT 5.2g (sat 1.4g,
mono 2g, poly 1.2g); PROTIEN 25.8g; CARB 22g;
FIBER 0.6g; CHOL 50mg; ITRON 1.3g; SODIUM 397mg;
1 lb lean ground turkey
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1/2 cup finely chopped water chestnuts
3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
2 tablespoons Worchestershire sauce
2 tablespoons minced green bell pepper
1 tablespoon soy sauce – preferably low sodium
1 tablespoon cold water
2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
2 garlic cloved, minced
1/2 teaspoon salt substitute
1/4 teaspoon pepper
cooking spray1. Combine all of the ingredients except spray in a bowl
2. Divide turkey mixture into 4 equal portions and make patties
3. Spray a large nonstick skillet and place over medium heat
4. When skillet is hot, add patties and cook 5 minutes a side or
until done to your liking.
Healthier if eaten on a whole wheat bun with non-fat stir fry sauce.
Makes 4 servings.
1/8 teaspoon red peper flakes
3 large cloves of garlic
1 1/2 pounds steak, cut into thin strips
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon vegetable oil (you can use cooking spray instead)
1 large onion, sliced
4 large stalks celery, chopped
1 small head green cabbage, chopped
12 ounces wheat spaghetti cooked, drained
1/2 cup low salt soy sauce1. Spray a large, deep skillet with cooking spray.
2. Over medium heat, cook pepper flakes and garlic for one minute.
3. Sprinkle steak with pepper. Add to skillet.
4. Cook steak until no longer pink, about 8-10 minutes.
5. Remove from skillet
6. Add a small amount of oil to skillet or respray with cooking spray.
7. Cook onion and celery until tender, about 10 minutes.
8. Add steak, spaghetti and soy sauce to skillet.
9. Cook stirring until heated through.
Serve hot. Makes 6 servings